Friday, November 16, 2012

Abbot Kinney Attracts National Brands – Fashion Retailing News | California Apparel News | LA Fashion

I completely agree with this article from Apparel News regarding the changing vibe on Abbot Kinney in Venice, CA.  It fact, I was going to write a blog this weekend about the same subject.

Abbot Kinney Attracts National Brands – Fashion Retailing News | California Apparel News | LA Fashion.

I was on the street just Wednesday with my bestie and fab fashionista, Tracy Engelien of Boxie.  We were doing our seasonal scouting of stores in the hip fashion areas of Los Angeles.  Each season, we cruise through Venice, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Hollywood and the east Sunset Blvd areas to check out what boutiques and specialty stores are stocking.

In the article, they quote Barbara Phillips of Minnie T’s (Barbara was a customer of mine when I sold Wildlife Works) as saying, “It has totally turned into a baby Third Street Promenade.”  Tracy said almost the same thing word for word on Wednesday!

I started visiting Minnie T’s about 11 years ago.  The changes to the street are marked.  However, I think Abbot Kinney will retain a good amount of it’s character simply because of it’s history, locale, architecture and proximity to the pricey hipster residential area.  Let’s hope so.

Paul Brindley
paul brindley consults

No comments:

Post a Comment